MPFC Virtual Family Meetings – Safe Space Discussion for LGBTA Military Families
Questions about PCS, deployment, raising kids, military benefits, etc.? Facing spousal re-integration or relationship challenges? You are not alone!
Join a LIVE chat with other (LGBT and Ally) military families to learn about new resources, share concerns, and gain insight from other military partners/spouses. You can join us via video chat, phone, or even participate with instant messaging – share as much or as little as you want. Connecting with other military families has never been easier!
Please RSVP below and we will send you the information on how to connect straight to your email.
This month, we feature Lindsay Reiner from the Department of Defense Repeal Implementation Team, to tell us about DoD progress in implementation of benefits for LGBT military families (and important deadlines you should know). Bring your questions, get answers, and chat LIVE with other military families in a safe space.
Did you know that MPFC provides support, networking, and valuable information on resources for LGBTA military families through our monthly Virtual Family Meetings? Past MPFC Virtual Family Meetings include:
- May 19, 2013 - Resources for Military Families with Lynn Crabb (American Red Cross)
- Apr 28, 2013 – The Employment Factor with Laura Dempsey (Hiring Our Heroes)
- Mar 24, 2013 – Spring Blossoms: Preparing Children’s Activities
- Feb 28, 2013 - In-Person Social with MPFC/StoryCorps with Tien Lu (Story Corps)
- Jan 27, 2013 – What Changes LGBT Military Families Can Expect for the New Year
- Nov 18, 2012 – How to Cope with Holiday Stress With Deployed Love Ones
- Oct 28, 2012 – You Are Strong: Resources for Veterans and Their Families
- Sept 27, 2012 – All One Family w/ Kathy Moakler (National Military Family Association)
- Jul 8, 2012 - Current State of DOMA with David McKean (SLDN)
- May 6, 2012 - Roles of Military Chaplains for LGBT Families (Chaplain Antal and Chaplain Pyle)
- Apr 1, 2012 – Getting the Support You Need with the Resources Available
- Mar 11, 2012 – Meet, Greet, and Chat: Health and Mental Health Challenges (Dr. Gleason)
- Feb 26, 2012 – Discovering, Connecting, and Meeting LGBT Military Families
*This project has been funded in whole or in part by federal funds from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Contract No. HHS-N-276-2011-00004-C with the University of Maryland Baltimore.