MPFC Virtual Family Meetings – Safe Space Discussion for LGBTA Military Families
Wondering how to handle a PCS? Worried about your deployed loved ones? Facing re-integration challenges? Seeking health or mental health resources for yourself or your family? Just wish to connect with other LGBTA military families? You are not alone!
Join a LIVE chat with other (LGBT and Ally) Military Families to share your concerns and gain insight from other military partners/spouses on different issues. You can join us via video chat, phone, or even just participate with instant messaging and you can share as much or as little as you want.
Tune in, Sit back, Relax, to connect virtually from the comfort of your home or anywhere you have an internet connection.
Please RSVP below and we will send you the connection info to your email.
Join a LIVE chat with other (LGBT and Ally) military families and learn something valuable. Our guest speaker this month is Lynn Crabb, Senior Director, Policy and Program Development, Service to the Armed Forces, American Red Cross, who will share the amazing resources they have to ALL military families!
Did you know that MPFC provides support, network, and valuable resource information for LGBTA military families through monthly Virtual Family Meetings? Past MPFC Virtual Family Meeting includes:
- Apr 28, 2013 - The Employment Factor with Laura Demsey (Hiring Our Heroes)
- Mar 24, 2013 – Spring Blossoms: Preparing Children Activities
- Feb 28, 2013 - In-Person Virtual Meeting with MPFC/StoryCorps with Tien (Story Corps)
- Jan 27, 2013 – What Changes LGBT Military Families Can Expect for the New Year
- Nov 18, 2012 – How to Cope with Holiday Stress Or With Deployed Love Ones
- Oct 28, 2012 – You Are Strong: Veterans and Their Families
- Sept 27, 2012 – All One Family with Kathy Moakler (NMFA)
- Jul 8, 2012 - Current State of DOMA with David McKean (SLDN)
- May 6, 2012 - Roles of Military Chaplains for LGBT Families (Chaplain Antal and Chaplain Pyle)
- Apr 1, 2012 – Getting Support You Need and Resources Available
- Mar 11, 2012 – Meet, Greet, and Chat: Health and Mental Health Challanges (Dr. Gleason)
- Feb 26, 2012 – Discovering, Connecting, and Meeting LGBT Military Families
*This project has been funded in whole or in part by federal funds from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Contract No. HHS-N-276-2011-00004-C with the University of Maryland Baltimore.