MPFC’s Virtual Family Meetings program has been bringing subject matter experts to our families since 2012. This is a program for LGBT military families to learn skills unique to the intersection of challenges posed by military, family and LGBT life. Click on the hyperlinks below to view a recorded version of the Virtual Family Meeting.
Have you attended one of our past Virtual Family Meetings? Send us your thoughts! Send feedback and testimonials to our VFM Program Manager, Colin Blevins, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Virtual Family Meetings
- Apr 18, 2015 – Education Opportunities for Military Partners with Allie Jones (National Military Family Association)
- Mar 14, 2015 – Creating Safe Spaces: Communicating Expectations to Friends, Family, and Coworkers in a Respectful Manner with Nancy St. Claire (Give an Hour)
- Feb 15, 2015 – Taxes: Navigating the Tax System as an LGBT Family with Jules Tybor (Tybor Tax)
- Mar 22, 2014 – Tax Workshop for LGBT Military Families with Jules Tybor (Tybor Tax)
- July 21, 2013 – Same-Sex Dependent ID and Benefits with Lindsay Reiner (DoD Repeal Implementation Team)
- May 19, 2013 – Resources for Military Families with Lynn Crabb (American Red Cross)
- Apr 28, 2013 – The Employment Factor with Laura Dempsey (Hiring Our Heroes)
- Mar 24, 2013 – Spring Blossoms: Preparing Children’s Activities
- Feb 28, 2013 – In-Person Social with MPFC/StoryCorps with Tien Lu (Story Corps)
- Jan 27, 2013 – What Changes LGBT Military Families Can Expect for the New Year
- Nov 18, 2012 – How to Cope with Holiday Stress With Deployed Love Ones
- Oct 28, 2012 – You Are Strong: Resources for Veterans and Their Families
- Sept 27, 2012 – All One Family w/ Kathy Moakler (National Military Family Association)
- Jul 8, 2012 – Current State of DOMA with David McKean (SLDN)
- May 6, 2012 – Roles of Military Chaplains for LGBT Families (Chaplain Antal and Chaplain Pyle)
- Apr 1, 2012 – Getting the Support You Need with the Resources Available
- Mar 11, 2012 – Meet, Greet, and Chat: Health and Mental Health Challenges (Dr. Gleason)
- Feb 26, 2012 – Discovering, Connecting, and Meeting LGBT Military Families
*This project has been funded in whole or in part by federal funds from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Contract No. HHS-N-276-2011-00004-C with the University of Maryland Baltimore.